Friday, April 2, 2010
1. Tell us a little about yourself...family, career, personality, location, etc.
Born and raised in Fort Worth, I have already lived all over the world and like a boomerang, I recently returned to Texas from a tiny Caribbean island Isla Mujeres, Mexico. Now I live and love in Carmine, a tiny town just 7 miles from Round Top, the antique festival capitol of the universe!! (We are located halfway in between Austin and Houston) I own and operate a Bed & Breakfast, era 1914. My sexy life partner Matt is also an artist and we host Womens Art Retreats such as knitting clubs, soldering, art dolls, beading and photography. COME SEE US! We cook up the best breakfast in Texas!
2. What is your favorite kind of art? What is your art "style?"
I prefer torn edges, exposed seams, a few dangly threads, natural fibers and wild abandon.
3. When did you first get started in the art world? What were your first projects?
My Mom allowed me to stand behind her sewing machine and it was my job to lift and lower the presser foot as she sewed my clothes! Besides tie dye t-shirts, macrame wall hangings and hand dipped candles in Camp Fire Girls, my first A-Line mini skirt in Homemaking Class!
4. Who inspires you? Matt
5. What are your favorite publications/books/craft shows?
Cloth-Paper-Scissors, Quilting Arts, Somerset Studios
6. Tell us something unique about your class!
Every time I teach this class, my participants have an emotional bonding experience with their book, like giving birth. And it happened to me also the first time I made my very own journal, with my very own hands.
7. Give us some links to your fabulous art! My Flickr
Posted by mendytexas at 12:49 PM