Sunday, April 25, 2010
1. Tell us a little about yourself...family, career, personality, location, etc. Jennifer Babcock from out west~ Aledo, Texas! I’m a mom, wife, daughter and 1st grade teacher. I love to create! Luckily~ I have a 13 year old daughter who loves to make a mess with me~ lately the theme is Glimmer Mist! I am a 3rd generation crafter~ my mom and grandmother also love to get out the sewing machine, paper (can you ever have enough paper?) and glitter and spend the afternoon creating! Glitter is an addiction! I love to attend scrapbook, altered art classes and retreats! I love to create with friends~ we have a monthly altered art project night at my home! On the weekends you can find me in one of the small towns around DFW finding new and unique antique stores to browse through for that certain “something.”
2. What is your favorite kind of art? What is your art "style?" I enjoy creating altered art and mini books! I love shabby chic! Lots of pink, ribbons, crepe paper, fabric, glitter and glam! I enjoy jewelry making~ from beading to soldering. I love to try new things~ lately it has been embroidery (which I hadn’t done since I was a child) and art journaling. I still love to create the traditional scrapbook pages with lots of layers!
3.When did you first get started in the art world? What were your first projects? I have always been a creator. Crayons and markers were an essential item for me during the elementary years. I dabbled in scrap booking throughout High School and College. I took scrap booking to the next level when my daughter Lexi was born 13 years ago! Scrapbooks were my first projects and I still enjoy scrap booking.
4. Who inspires you? Theresa McFayden, Heidi Swapp, Lisa Pace & Sally Jean Alexander~ love these ladies work!!
5. What are your favorite publications/books/craft shows?I love to browse through the publications at Barnes & Nobles! My favorite is anything by Somerset Publication. I have been published in “Cloth, Paper, Scissors” so it tops the list as one of my favorites! Lisa Pace’s new book Delight in the Details is amazing!! Altered Art Circus by Lisa Kettell is fabulous! I have many items waiting to be created out of Sally Jean Alexander’s book Pretty Little Things.
6. Tell us something unique about your class!I love anything shiny and pink! My class is full of shine and lots of pink. I love to get my hands messy when creating and we will certainly be able to “get messy!” We will paint, glitter and grunge the afternoon away.
I think it is fun to see how everyone’s personality can shine through in their projects rather than producing cookie cutter type art where everyone leaves with the exact same item… so I’m hoping everyone will put a little of their personality into their art in my class. I will have a variety of materials to choose from!
7. Give us some links to your fabulous art!
Posted by mendytexas at 9:00 AM