Monday, April 5, 2010
1. Tell us a little about yourself...family, career, personality, location, etc.
I am a stay at home Mom to 4 year old triplets, my husband works for Idearc Media, we live in Hurst Texas
2. What is your favorite kind of art? What is your art "style?"
3-D, Mixed Media, Textile Collage
3. When did you first get started in the art world? What were your first projects?I've taken art classes as far back as elementary school. In collage my emphasis was in ceramics, that was my first love. I did a lot of Raku, wood fired ceramics.
3. Who inspires you?
First & foremost my children, that may sound cliche but they are 4 years old & seeing the world through their eyes is so amazing. We do art together everyday & their ability & imagination astounds me. Besides my children I'm inspired by positive people who fearlessly follow their dreams.
4. What are your favorite publications/books/craft shows?
Marie Claire Idees, although it's written in French the pictures are so creative & unique/Stampington publications/books I'm loving right now are Ruth Rae, Layered, Tattered, & Stitched, Kelly Smelling A Charming Exchange, LEK Ludwig Nature Journals, Annie Lockhart Objects of Reflection/Uncommon Threads
5. Tell us something unique about your class!
I will be demonstrating how to age projects, we will learn at least 5 techniques; image transfer onto contact paper, tape, fabric, will work with resin, make bobbles & charms, encase fragile objects, then sew it all up & burn it! The first part of the class will be about learning techniques, in the 2nd part we will take what we've learned and apply it to 3 very different & special hanging tags.
6. Give us some links to your fabulous art!
my blog tarnishedandtattered.blogspot.com has loads of my work on it.. Once I feel I've really 'done' something, I move onto someting else. My blog may look different a month later. I also have a slide show on my blog.
Posted by mendytexas at 6:42 AM